Andes hotels search:
As you enter the realm of the rainforests, you will become aware of Life at every step: mushrooms and fungi below, tree trunks festooned with liverworts, lichens and mosses, giant ferns reaching up to the light above, swirling mists and clouds of moisture. And then, from nowhere, comes the sound of rushing water, a waterfall amid this glistening, green world, where you can revive your senses.
The sophisticated and strikingly-contemporary lodge is designed as the ideal springboard for exploring the biodiverse world of its reserve. A hideaway in the clouds only accessible to its guests and located on a high plateau, Mashpi Lodge features views of the forested mountains on one side and the forest right up close on the other through its floor-to-ceiling glass windows.
The Lodge, built with the latest techniques in sustainable building and employing hydroelectric power in the near future, is designed to blend beautifully with its surroundings. It features contemporary, minimalist decor, mixing warm earth tones, notes of bright colour, clean lines and striking angles and vistas: a luxury cocoon amid the cloudforest with the natural world just beyond, ideal for contemplation and relaxation.E-mail usUSA: 1 877 4367512Contact us
Services and Facilities
- Laundry service
- Wireless internet
- International phone
- Games room
- Room service
- Business centre
Mashpi lodge is designed to completely immerse you in the cloudforest, while keeping its creatures safely at bay – a luxury cocoon amid the clouds and tumbling mountains. The rooms, arranged over three floors, all face north, with floor-to-ceiling glass windows, some on two sides, with the forest just a few meters away.E-mail usUSA: 1 877 4367512Contact us
The wonders waiting at Mashpi Lodge will delight the worldliest nature lover. Perched at 900 m (3,116 feet) above sea level and surrounded by lower montane rainforest and cloudforest, the Lodge is surrounded by a profusion of plant species, from ferns and bromeliads to hundreds of orchid species, many newly-discovered.
The following activities are on offer:
- Canopy Gondola
- Nature Trails
- Life Centre
- Nigth Walks
- Observation Tower
- Sky Bike
- Hummingbird Viewpoint
- Refreshing Waterfalls
Guests will be supplied with rubber boots. Please ensure you send us your size. The lodge also supplies walking poles, but you may want to bring your own.
- Sun block
- Walking shoes/sneakers
- Socks: we recommend “joggers” socks that don’t slip easily inside rubber boots. Asics Tegan Knee-High or Kayano Classic Quarter are both good options. 2 pairs per day are ideal.
- Light-weight, earth- or dark-coloured, long-sleeved T-shirts and shirts
- Earth- or dark-coloured, light-weight trousers
- Light fleece/sweater
- Goretex jacket – guests will also be supplied with waterproof ponchos
- Insect repellent (natural, not chemical like DEET)
- Good binoculars (Guides will have pairs to share)
- Small backpack for trails
- 6 Ziploc bags of different sizes for keeping things dry
- Sealable bag for packing dirty laundry in luggage
- Headlamp (or Flashlight)
- Extra batteries
- Appliance chargers. Plugs in Ecuador are US-style, 2 flat pins 110 V. 220V adaptors can be supplied upon request.
Prices under request
Rate per person in double room. Includes: Taxes and breakfast
Inquire for special deals