Andes haciendas search:
Hacienda Cusin is a restored 17th-century Andean estate with views of Cotacachi volcano.
Cusíns terracotta-tiled roofs, winding cobblestone pathways, courtyards and perennial gardens nestle beneath a deep blue sky in a wide, pastoral lake valley. Nearby, the often snow-capped 15,000-foot Cotacachi volcano is reflected in Lago San Pablo.
An ancient lakebed, cool nights and a predictable equatorial sun have conspired with avid gardeners to create several acres of ever-blooming gardens which include belladonna, bougainvillea, agapantha, acanthas, foxgloves, orchids and palms that attract over 50 species of birds.
The Hacienda is at 8,500 feet and is located 90 minutes north of Quito and 20 minutes south of the famous market town of Otavalo. The Equator and snow-capped Cayambe mountain are 30 minutes away.E-mail usUSA: 1 877 4367512Contact us
Services and Facilities
- Private bathroom
- Waiter-served breakfast
- Games rooms
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- Film library
Guestrooms are individually styled and have views of perennial gardens. Most guestrooms have log-burning fireplaces, beamed ceilings and king-size beds.
Rooms include twin, queen or king-size beds, private bathroom with hair-dryer, beamed ceiling, antique and Andean-craft furnishings, arm chairs, writing desk, hot-water bottles, and garden and mountain views.
Public rooms are antique furnished and have log-burning fireplaces.E-mail usUSA: 1 877 4367512Contact us
- Expeditions to see animals such as llamas, horses, peacocks, rabbits, guinea pigs, turkeys and pigs
- Games room with billiards, darts and ping-pong
- House games: chess, backgammon, cards, Monopoly, etc
- Mountain biking
- Sports: basketball, squash, volleyball
- Train ride departing from Ibarra
- Antique shops in San Antonio de Ibarra and Otavalo
- Archaeology: Cochasqui (20 earth pyramids dating from 800 AD, 40 minutes from Cusín)
- Climbing hills and mountains: El Lechero, Cubilche, Mojanda, Fuyafuya, Imbabura, Cayambe (ice climb) and Cotacachi
- Condor Reserve
- Craft Villages: San Antonio - wood carving, Cotacachi - leather, Agato - weaving workshop, Peguche - weaving
- Golf: 9-hole course at Yaguacocha, 30 minutes from Cusín
- Markets: Otavalo
- Museums: Otavalo - Archeology, Cotacachi - Anthropology
Prices under request
Rate per person in double room. Includes: Taxes and breakfast
Inquire for special deals