Cuenca hotels search:
Located in Downtown Commercial Area, within walking distance of the central plaza "Parque Calderón", museums and churches.
10min. from the Airport
Welcome to the Best Boutique Hotel in Cuenca, Ecuador. It exemplifies republican architectural style. Restored to its original splendor. Nurture the soul with breakfast and lunch in a serene garden of jasmine and bougainvillea landscaping. Take the time to relax in the lobby with a cup of tea or coffee with the background music of the baby grand piano.E-mail usUSA: 1 877 4367512Contact us
Services and Facilities
- Internet Complementary Internet Service 24 Hours a day and Wi-Fi in Social Areas.
- Natural Garden
- Champagne Lounge & High Tea
- Tv Room with Dvd Player
- Shoe Cleaning
- Safe Deposit Box in Room
- Laundry 24hrs
- Bilingual Receptionist 24hrs
- Social Areas
Boutique Hotel Mansion Alcazar offers 11 rooms and 3 suites, each one individually and tastefully decorated, making our guests feel like in a private home rather than in a hotel. All rooms are NON SMOKING.
Each room is equipped with:
- Cable TV
- International Dialing Telephone Service
- Private Bathrooms
- Hair Dryer
- Deluxe Amenities
- Parque Calderón: Cuenca’s beautifully tended Central Park, Parque Calderón, is an attractive, expansive area of flowers and trees.
- Old Cathedral of Cuenca: The Old Cathedral of Cuenca, or El Sagrario, was constructed in the same year that the town of Cuenca was founded: 1557. Its location is on ancient Inca ruins and it was built for the religious followers of Cuenca. The El Sagrario is not consecrated anymore and serves only as a museum.
- New Cathedral of Cuenca: The construction of the new cathedral took quite a few years to complete. Construction had started in 1885, but building was staggered over the years so the cathedral was only completed in 1967. But the wait was worth-while and today people can enjoy looking at the magnificent blue and white domes that decorate the skies, the pink marbled floors, gold applications by the altar, stained glass windows and marble and alabaster facades.
- Santo Domingo: Located on the corner of Padre Aguirre and Gran Colombia.
- El Barranco: The riverfront of the Tomebamba River is the most symbolic site of Cuenca, and serves as limit between the historical and the modern city.
- The Classical Republican style of the facades of the constructions that surround the river give a special personality to the city. El Barranco is a residential area, as well as a cultural district. The Pumapungo Ruins, the Central Bank and Remigio Crespo Toral Museums, the "Todos los Santos" vestiges, and other sites along this riverside offer cultural and artistic exhibits.
- The Ruins of Todos Los Santos: This site has ruins of Cañari, Incas and colonial Spanish constructions. Here you will find the four Incas stonework niches.
- Central Bank Museum: Archeological objects, colonial and republic art collections, paintings and old photographs of the city can be seen here. There is a strong emphasis on objects from the pre-Incan periods of Cuenca’s region.
- Remigio Crespo Toral Museum: The museum is named after the famous poet Remigio Crespo Toral. It has an interesting collection of gold objects from the Cañari and Chordeleg cultures. There are also pre-Hispanic ceramics, colonial paintings and religious art.
- Las Conceptas Museum: Here you will find a great collection of religious art. It exhibits 64 paintings, more than 200 sculptures, toys, furniture and craftsmanship.
- Modern Art Museum: In this museum there is a permanent collection of contemporary art. There are many artistic activities available for children and the Biannual International Painting Competition is held here.
- Cajas National Park: Cajas is located 33 km (19 miles) northwest of Cuenca, at an altitude of 9.000 to 13.000 feet above the sea level.
This is a place for those who love the great out-doors. Some of the many things to do and see are camping, fishing or hiking miles of trails to choose from through a scenic preserve, and more than 230 lagoons of glacial origin
Prices under request
Rate per person in double room. Includes: Taxes and breakfast
Inquire for special deals