3 Days: Arequipa Extension Tour
Day 1: AREQUIPA
Upon arrival in Arequipa airport, transfer to selected hotel. Afternoon city tour. The tour starts with the visit to the Santa Catalina Monastery, a city within the city, founded at the end of XVII century and only opened to the public few years ago. The city tour also includes the Main Plaza or Plaza de Armas, the Cathedral (closed on Sundays), the Jesuit Cloister and the residential areas of Cayma and Yanahuara to end at the "Mirador de Yanahuara" for a superb view of the volcanoes (Private services).
Day 2: AREQUIPA / COLCA
Departure for a two days package to Colca Valley (Private services). This tour is impressive not just due to the beautiful you can appreciate, but also due to the cultural symbiosis of the ancient Andean cultures and the Catholic religion introduced by the Spanish. In the early morning we’ll leave Arequipa and head towards the valley.
On our way we’ll pass Yura, Pampa de Arrieros, Pampa Cañahuas (where we’ll find the Vicuna National Reserve of Aguada Blanca), Vizcachani and Tojra (all the year we can see here a variety of migratory birds resting in so called "bofedales", a sort of peat bog). Entering the Colca canyon we’ll arrive at its most important town, Chivay where we’ll also have lunch.
Day 3: COLCA / PUNO
Early in the morning, we’ll drive to the observation point "Cruz del Condor". While this is not the deepest point of the Canyon, you can appreciate the grandeur of the canyon and with a bit of luck, you might even spot an Andean condor, the largest flying bird in the world, soaring across the high plain.
Afterwards, transfer to Puno and drop off at your hotel (private vehicle only).E-mail usUSA: 1 877 4367512Contact us
PER PERSON RATES BASED IN DOUBLE ROOM:
Prices subject to change without prior notice
|Category||Number of passengers||Single
- Accommodation at quoted hotels or similar
- Meals as detailed in each program
- Transfers and sightseeing with local English speaking guides
- Entrance fees
- Air transportation. For a round trip domestic tickets (for example LIM/CUS/LIM) the cost is USD$320. For a one way domestic ticket (for example JUL/LIM) the cost is USD$160.00. Rates subject to change without previous advise.
- Airport departure taxes: USD 6.82 in Lima, for domestic flights USD 4,28 approximately and USD 31.00 for international departure tax in Lima.
- Meals and additional entrance fees, personal expenses, gratuities, extra soft drinks or alcoholic drinks and other expenses not specified in the program
Hotels to be used
|Colca||Colca Lodge 3*|
|Arequipa||El Cabildo 4*|
|Colca||Colca Lodge 3*|
|Arequipa||Casa Andina Classic 3*|
|Colca||Casa Andina Classic 3*|
Peru train luggage policies: Peru Trains accept only one carry on per person consisting of 5 kg/11lbs and a maximum dimension of 157cm/62 in. Please pack your bags accordingly.